The Farm was added in 8th of October, 2013 as a part of v3.0.
Every player is given a small plot of land located in the Lookout to serve as their farm. The farms are all identical and come with a farmhouse, a well, a job board for earning coins, a fishing pond, and five use-able plots of land to plant crops. It is possible to add animal pens, decorations, and more land plots as you level up to customize your farm to your liking.
The current max level for farming is 30. You gain farming XP by growing crops, gathering animal products, and completing farm jobs.
For a list of the farm jobs, go here.
The Farm is a grassy plain surrounded by rocky mountains, in a caldera-like style.
Between the entrance/exit and the farm itself, there's a bridge above a river that connects a small waterfall to the Farm's Fishing Spot. On the opposite side, there's small layers of rocks whom cannot be fully climbed due to an invisible wall. On the opposite side of the lake, there's Farm Jobs' station.
The Ocean Farm is a farm located nearby a semi-sheltered bay. Surrounding the farm, it's large, rocky cliffs with sea stacks. Unlike the small rocky layers in the Beginner's Farm, the cliff can be climbed by using the waterfall.
The entrance/exit resembles a tunnel and it's connected to the farm with a bridge. Besides the right side of the entrace/exit, there's a large waterfall hidden behind the rocks that connects to a small river (to the left side and below the bridge) and a small lake (to the right side and besides the Farm Jobs Station's left side).
On the outside, there's a beach with a long dock, and to the right side, the sea extends to another dock. Besides the long dock, there's a saltwater fishing spot.
The limit bar (called Creative Bar) defines how many points you can have in a single Farm. You start off with 15 due to the 5 crops you start with (3x5=15), but, throughout the game, you'll unlock various decorations and pens, all of which have different number of . If you reach the max, you cannot place any more items. Right now, there's no way to upgrade it.
This item comes in two forms: "Composter" and "Composter UDT". There is no difference between the two besides the name and how each is obtained--they both require the same number of Spoiled Crops to use, both take the same amount of time to compost the crops, and both give the same amount of lug worms. Each use of the composter requires five spoiled crops and yields five lug worm bait after two minutes. The "Composter" can be bought at any time for the cost of 300 gems while the "Composter UDT" can be purchased for three thousand gold, but only after a player has earned at least twenty thousand UDT points.
Composters can also be received from Mystery Farm Chests, including the ones each player receives for free on the fourth day of a five day continuous-log-in cycle.
This item comes in two forms: "Old Wrinkly's Cauldron" and Old Wrinkly's Cauldron UDT". There is no difference between the two besides the name and how each is obtained. The first can be bought at any time for the cost of 350 gems while the latter can be purchased for three thousand gold, but only after a player has earned at least ten thousand UDT points.
Old Wrinkly's Cauldron provides additional farming quests to players, but instead of awarding gold, these quests give out one to three Mystery Power-up Chests.
Starting on or around January 7th, 2016 with the release of Stable Missions and ongoing through the present time, this item is bugged. Exactly how the bug manifests seems to vary from player to player, but in most cases the cauldron can still be used.
Fish Trap is a Member-only feature. It serves to catch fish without having to fish for them.
Each use of the Fish Trap requires 5 lug worms and it will give 3-6 fishes of randomized species after 21 hours; to speed up, it costs 5 . While quite useful, it only sems to catch saltwater and freshwater fishes, no sign of it catching fishe like Arctic Char or Angler Fish.
It should be noted that if you have it running but the Membership ends, yopu can't recieve the reward until you re-activate the Membership.
A large treasure chest that awaits each new Viking when they begin farming, this object sits near the Job Board. The Treasure Trove requires three signatures to open or 150 in total (50 for each signature) to open it.
Once opened, the Treasure Trove awards a player with 400 , 1 white Sheep, 1 black Sheep, 1 brown Chicken, 1 white Chicken, 1 Maw Fire Pit, 1 Garden Viking, 1 Whirly Nadder, 1 Whirly Gronckle, 1 Stone Bench and 1 Booted Plant.
- 8/8/13, version 2.0: Farming added to School of Dragon. Farms can be visited via profile pages and friends lists.
- 8/29/13, version, 3.0: Lavender and toothache plants added to farming. Farm animals given feed animations. Top-down camera became available when farming. Top-down camera became available when farming. Art for farm slots updated. Text to show next upgrade level and used/available farm slots added to build mode. Problem with chat not working on farms fixed.
- 9/12/13, version 4.0: First pass at fixing the infamous Seed Bag Glitch. First pass at a fix for music and sound effects being heard in farm when music and sound settings are turned off.
- 10/10/13, version 5.0: Harvest Haunt farm decorations released. Trader Johann added to players’ farms.
- Unknown Date and Unknown Update: Dragons are now able to move around in the Farm without a usage of a glitch.
- 10/9/16, version 2.2.0: Beet and Squash seed were added to The Store.
- 9/5/17, Titan Tomato and Titan Punkin seeds were added to The Store.
- 11/7/2017: Truffle pigs added to the store.
- 11/30/2017: Ocean Farm added to the game.
- 4/3/2018, v2.11.0: Ostrichs and Ostrich pen added to the store, Pigs are now exclusive.
- 18/9/2018, v2.13.0: Dreadfall Boars and Dreadfall vrsions of animals have been released along with the Dreadfall pen, it's presumed that the non-Dreadfall Boar and Pen will be eventually released.
|Non-Member Minigames:||Location Specific||Berk (Blacksmith • Loki's Maze) • The School (Alchemy Adventure • Science Experiments) • Stables (Stable Missions) • The Lookout (Farm Jobs • The Farm) • Training Grounds (Battle Events • Bull's-Eye Lagoon† • Fireball Frenzy • Flight Club • Thunder Run Racing)|
|Other||Eel Roast • Fishing|
|The Secret of Leviathan||Cogs • Incredible Machine|
|Rise of Stormheart||Dragon Tactics|