Stables provide housing for a player's dragons and serve as a hub for access Stable Missions. In order to make a dragon your active dragon, you must first assign it a nest in your stables.
Despite now being such a normal part of gameplay, Stables did not exist when School of Dragons first launched. At that time, players could only have one dragon, selecting from the four species that now serve as those that members and non-members alike can choose as their first dragon. Stables were expanded in 6th of June, 2014 as a part of v7.1.
Accessing the StablesEdit
Players can reach their stables in one of four ways.
- Through the Hatchery: Located on the left-hand side of the front Hatchery room, this is the route that the game guides players through. If you enter the stables this way, you will return here both when exiting through the starter stable's exit and upon restarting the game, if you restart while inside on of your stables.
- From the The School: If a player walks past Hiccup and off the edge located behind him, them will drop down onto another, small ledge. From there they are capable of dropping down again, this time onto a stone carving of a dragon's head. Players can enter the dragon's mouth to reach the Stables. This entrance can also be reached by flying. If you enter the stables this way, you will return here both when exiting through the starter stable's exit and upon restarting the game, if you restart while inside one of your stables.
- From Berk: If you enter the stables this way, you will return here both when exiting through the starter stable's exit and upon restarting the game, if you restart while inside one of your stables.
- Fast travel: Players can travel to their stables through two additional fast-travel methods. These options are currently the only way to access any stable besides the starter stable without first having to pass through the starter stable itself. If you enter the stables this way, where you return upon leaving the area depends on how you leave. If you use the starter stable's exit, you will return to the School regardless of where you teleported from. If you restart while inside one of your stables, you will return to the area you teleported from unless you teleported from your farm, in which case you will appear at the entrance to the Lookout.
- Select dragon: Located in Dragon Menu or by the simple press of the V button, players can click on the image of their active dragon to open a list displaying all of their dragons. Clicking on any dragon on the list will open that dragon's overview information and will present the players with a 'visit stable' button. Clicking that button will take a player to the stable that dragon has its nest in. This method does not work if you are currently flying, since the select dragon panel does not open during flight.
- Player profile: Each player's profile contains a list of all their dragons, each of which can be clicked on to open that dragon's overview information. When doing this on your own profile, each overview will also present one button for making that dragon your active dragon and another to visit their stable. That second button will take you directly to the stable in which your dragon has a nest. The only way to access the player's profile is by opening the Viking Menu and select Profile.
There are currently seven different stables options that use six different themes. Despite the fact that four of those themes correspond to the different classes of dragons, any dragon can be put into any type of stable. The differences between stables are almost purely visual and auditory, with each stable having its own appearances and sound track. The only exceptions to this rule are the Dream Stable, which has five nests instead of four, and the Mystery Stable. For more information on the difference between the Mystery Stable and the other stable options, see its sub-section below.
The Cavernous Stables are an item bundle pack containing a Boulder Stable, a Stoker Stable, and a Tidal Stable. Since this bundle costs 900 gems and its included stables costs 300 gems each, the Cavernous Stables item bundle is simple a way to purchase one of each of the original core stables with fewer clicks.
This common glitch causes all of a Viking's dragons to be removed from their nest. Prone to causing panic and false reports of being hacked, this glitch can be fixed by reassigning your dragon(s) to a nest. When placing dragons in nests, they do not have to be placed back in the nest they were in before the glitch occurred.
A glitch specific to the Groncicle received for completing a certain quest in the Icestorm Island expansion pack, this Groncicle may duplicate itself, with each duplicate assigning itself to a nest if a Viking has any stables with unused nests. To get rid of the duplicates, use the 'Move In' option to assign a different dragon to the nest being occupied by a glitched Groncicle. Glitch-spawned Groncicles removed this way are removed completely but the original Icestorm Island Groncicle and any other non-glitch Groncicles a player may own will not be deleted if they are accidentally removed from their nest in this way. If you remove a non-glitch Groncicle, simply use the 'Move In' option again to place them in any nest.
Viking unable to move/Disappearing GUIEdit
A relatively recent glitch, many users find that completing Stable Missions causes all the buttons and info displays on the screen to disappear as well as the loss of the ability to move their Viking. The only currently known solution is to refresh the game. If you are still able to move, then going to the entrance of the stable will fix it.
Flying inside the stablesEdit
The easiest way to fly inside of a stable is to follow these steps:
- Mount an adult dragon.
- Still mounted on the adult dragon, enter your Farm or your Hideout.
- Use either of the fast-travel methods to go from your Farm to one of your stables.
When using the above method, players will be unable to dismount their dragon. Switching dragons or opening up certain panels, in particular the Stable Quest panel, will cause a player's dragon to teleport to the stable's active dragon platform (or, if the active dragon has a nest in the stable the player is currently in, they'll return to their nest) sans rider. In the starter stable, an egg that changes from incubating to ready-to-hatch can also cause a dragon to return to its proper place.
Since the stables are not deigned to allow players to fly in them, it is possible to end up outside the walls of a stable. In most cases this simple leads to an empty area that can be left by flying through a wall back into the stable proper. However in some cases, a player may fall through a hole in the stable and end up stuck in an empty sky room from which they can not return to the stable they had previously been in. Players can return to the game world by using the 'exit game; in the options panel or by refreshing the game entirely.
This glitch is most easily accessible in the starter stable, where players can fly through a small gap and onto the lava behind the egg pedestal. The lave there does not extend all the way to the rocks behind it, leaving an opening that players can pass through.