The Speed Stinger is a Sharp Class dragon introduced on April 24th, 2015. They can be purchased for 750 gems (600 for members) from the store.
From the How to Train Your Dragon Wiki:
- "The Speed Stinger is described as the Velociraptor of the Dragon World, being extremely intelligent and cunning. These dragons are ravenous scavengers, that will often steal from other dragons and Vikings but they probably also hunt. They live in packs, led by a Lead Stinger, and have a hive-like mindset. They hide under the shadows of the sun. The Lead Stinger decides everything, and the pack follows wherever he goes; without him or her, the pack becomes useless. Speed Stingers are nocturnal, spending the days in caverns in order to avoid predators. When attacking, they leap in the air and use their stinger to paralyze their victims. Any member of a Speed Stinger pack would be very loyal to their pack, and protect them at all costs, even from its own kind, or previous pack.
- "The Speed Stinger lives up to its name. It is the fastest dragon on land, hunts in packs, and can't fly like all the other dragons. However, with its super speed, it can jump higher than any other dragon. It is also shown to be good at stealth and is a highly intelligent dragon. Speed Stingers are nocturnal dragons, but can still be awaken during the day, usually because of an injury. Speed Stingers lack any flame usage. This is because all the internal flame energy goes to its powerful legs, which give it its speed, agility, and the capacity to jump high. Because of their thick hides and large amount of internal energy, Speed Stingers have great stamina for use in an entire night."
For more information on the Speed Stinger, visit here.
- The Speed Stinger is, currently, the dragon with the lowest shot limit.
- However, despite having 1 shot, each shot makes 50 damage, and a critical shot is 100.
- Unlike the other dragons, the Speed Stinger is the only dragon unable to fly.
- There was a glitch where the player had to fly high with a dragon 'till it's enough for the gltich to happen. In mid air, the player changes the dragon to the Speed Stinger, and then the Speed Stinger could fully fly (firing it would spaz out). Unfortunately, this glitch has been fixed.