Skins are items that can be used to customize your dragon. They can be purchased from the Store in the Dragon Store section and are available for gold or gems. Each skin is species exclusive meaning you can only use a skin for its respected dragon. Some dragons have exclusive skins such as the Fireworm Queen glow and the Changewing skins.
Warpaints (also known as racing paints) are used to decorate your dragon. Warpaints are colorful stripes on top of a default colored dragon skin. As of ??? several warpaints were redesigned to remove the hero skin base*. Some of the War Paints might slightly brighten the model (like the Deadly Nadder, the Hideous Zippleback and the Gronckle). The only dragon that has 2 War Paint skins is the Rumblehorn, which has a War Paint (Hero Skin+War Paint) and the Red War Paint (War Paint only).
- *The best way to tell if a War Paint will or won't replace the customized skin with a Hero Skin is by telling how smooth the skin and the color transition is when taking a look at the War Paint**. Example:
- Typhoomerang War Paint: While comparing a Typhoomerang with a Saddle and with the War Paint, the War Paint preview shows a less darker, smoother tone and the color transition is much smoother. This means that the War Paint will replace the customized skin with a Hero Skin;
- Skrill War Paint: While viewing and comparing the dragon in the same way as the Typhoomerang, both the Skrill with the War Paint and the Skrill with the Saddle have a much darker and lesser smooth tone, and have a less smooth transition between colors. This means that the War Paint won't replace the customized skin with a Hero Skin.
- **You can also see if it replaces or not by going to the skin sub-category, clicking on the dragon war paint and, if the war paint's dragon is the respective dragon you have active right now, it will show your dragon's skin instead of the skin shown (if the respective dragon isn't active). However, if said skin doesn't change, it means that it will show the Hero Skin no matter what.
Other skins that can be purchased are either hero skins, looks, or special effects. Hero skins are usually modeled after a famous dragon (for example: the Stormcutter hero skin is modeled after Cloudjumper). This also goes for looks. Very few dragons have special effect skins such as the Fireworm Queen Glow or the Changewing skins.
Racing skins are skins that can be worn on your dragon. Like war paints, they include colorful markings on top of a default skin. Each skin can be purchased for 150 gems.
- The Hotburple Racing Paint has a glitched Racing Paint texture and, will instead show a Hotburple with a glitches Gronckle Texture;
- This glitch has been fixed since v2.7.0;
- As for v2.7.0, some dragons' Racing Paint glitch the eyes.
Hero Racing PaintEdit
Hero Racing skins are skins that can be worn on your dragon. Like war paints, they include colorful markings on top of a default skin. Each skin can be purchased for 175 gems.
- Titan Gronckle's Hero Racing Paint reverts back to the War Paint instead of staying as a Hero Racing paint.