Alchemy Adventure was released on 6th of June, 2014 as a part of v7.1. The game is fairly standard match-three fare, with a few twists on the usual formula. In this game, players create rows or columns of at least three same-type elements found on the Periodic Table. All six groups from the Table are included in the game, each with its own color and shape. In a fairly unique twist, each tile also displays a chemical symbol for a specific element, each one accurate to the group that element is found in.
The game can be played at anytime by entering the Science Lab at the School, the same building where labs for quests are done. If you attempt to enter the lab while you are currently on a step in a quest that requires using the lab to run an experiment, a prompt will appear asking if you wish to do an experiment or play Alchemy Adventure.
How to playEdit
Being a standard match-three fare, the player has to click and drag the tile to 2 or more respective, same colored tile but, in a unique twist, the player can click and drag it wherever the player wants to as opposed to the standard one tile at the time. The player has 3 minutes to score as much a possible and the higher the score, the higher the reward; at 20 seconds, a ticking sound plays.
Due to each tile worthing 50 points, a simple match 3 is 150 points and the bigger the match, more 50 points are added to the awarded points. Don't keep holding onto the element for too long! As you can only hold it for 6 seconds.
There's six types of elements:
- Non Metals: Represented by a blue laboratory flask - ;
- Metals: Represented bu a grey-ish cream mineral - ;
- Alkali Metals: Represented by a red alkari metal fragment - ;
- Alkali Earth Metals: Represented by a brown alkari metal fragment - ;
- Halogens: Represented by a purple round-bottom flask - ;
- Noble Gases: Represented by a green two-necked round-bottom flask - ;
Whenever the player holds onto an element, the respective element's info appears on the bottom of the screen, showing:
- The Symbol;
- Atomic Number;
- Atomic Mass;
For example, if the player holds a Metal with a Al, this following information will appear:
- Symbol: Al
- Name: Aluminum
- Atomic Number: 13
- Atomic Mass: 26,9815386
The special combos however, will have a different information.
Due to the uniqueness of displaying elements from the Periodic Table, some combinations can be done.
- By combining two H (hydrogen) elements with one O (oxygen) element, the player can create Water , this special tile can clear an entire row once dropped anywhere in the table - 400 points;
- By combining two O (oxygen) elements with one C (Carbon) element, the player can create Carbon Dioxide , this special tile can clear an entire columm once dropped anywhere in the table - 400 points;
- By combining one Na (Sodium) element with one Cl (Clhorine) element, the player can create Salt , this special tile can clear an entire 3x3 grid, with the salt particles sprinkling in said grid. Any special combos tiles within the cleared 3x3 grid will be triggered - 400 points;
When creating a combo, the points awared for creating are the same as creating a normal combo, Na+Cl being the only combo awarding 100 points for creating it.
Just like most of the minigames, this minigame contains two power-ups to help you. Before the game starts, the player has an option to buy these boosters, however, it can be skipped by clicking the "skip" button.
Terrible Terror BoosterEdit
- "Two colorful Terrors appear, destroying all tiles matching their color."
This power-up summons two random Terrible Terrors, both matching two of each six colors, who follow a specific path to destroy all color matching tiles. This action takes about 4-5 seconds to complete and rewards 600 points.
The Terrible Terrors Booster can be found in:
- Store → Dragon Care → Consumables for 7 (6 for members);
- Battle Events' Event Failure mystery box;
- 90 Surprise Chests;
Deadly Nadder Spikes BoosterEdit
- "Fires Nadder spikes at the board, destroying five random tiles."
This power-up shoots Deadly Nadder spikes throughout the central columm but destroys 5 random tiles or any color. It takes about 2-3 seconds to complete and rewards 500 points.
The Deadly Nadder Spikes Booster can be found in:
Scoring (Online and Downloaded versions)Edit
When the game ends, the completion screen shows:
- Your score;
- The number of compounds you did under 3 minutes;
Alchemy Adventure rewards Dragon Bonding XP, Adventurer XP, Coins and UDT Points, all depending on how high your score was.
|Score||Dragon Bonding XP||Adventurer XP||Coins||UDT Points|
|Non-Member Minigames:||Location Specific||Berk (Loki's Maze) • The School (Alchemy Adventure • Science Experiments) • Stables (Stable Missions) • The Lookout (Farm Jobs • The Farm) • Training Grounds (Battle Events • Bull's-Eye Lagoon† • Fireball Frenzy • Flight Club • Thunder Run Racing)|
|Other||Eel Roast • Fishing|
|The Secret of Leviathan||Cogs • Incredible Machine|
|Rise of Stormheart||Dragon Tactics|